- CITY SERVICES
- -CITY PROJECTS
- +PERMITS, LICENSES & RENTALS
- +RESIDENT SERVICES
- +ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
Playground Renovation Project
The City of Solana Beach has begun the process of rejuvenating the playgrounds at La Colonia Park and Fletcher Cove Beach Park! Improvements include new play equipment, play surfacing, and associated landscape areas and furnishings. The City is committed to promoting inclusive play opportunities and incorporating public feedback into the designs. Questionnaires and community workshops will be used to better understand the needs and desires of playground visitors. This website is the best way for you to stay up to date on the project’s progress and learn about opportunities for community engagement. Stay connected to find out how you can get involved!
The City of Solana Beach has begun the community engagement process and held its first community workshop on Wednesday, September 1st. This virtual workshop presented the findings of the playground surveys that were conducted in July, discussed project considerations that will inform the design, established preference on placement of the park equipment and received additional public comments and input.
To watch the view the completed virtual community workshop or view the presentations discussed during this workshop, click on the links below.
Current Play Ground Designs
La Colonia Park - 715 Valley Avenue
The City’s playgrounds need to be replaced due to:
- Outdated & degraded equipment
- Poor drainage (La Colonia Park)
- High demand for use
- Proximity to marine environment (Fletcher Cove)
Fletcher Cove Park - 133 Pacific Avenue
Project's Design Contract Scope of Work:
- Survey for public input
- Facilitation of two public workshops
- Development of multiple concept alternative for both parks
- Presentations at two Council meetings to review proposed and final concepts
- Development of complete construction bid documents