- +CITIZEN COMMISIONS
- +CITY COUNCIL
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- MUNICIPAL CODE
- +PUBLIC MEETINGS
- PUBLIC RECORDS
- REPORT A PROBLEM
The mission of the Solana Beach Marine Safety Department is to prevent the loss of life, limb and property, reducing the city’s exposure to liabilities by protecting citizens on the beaches, in the ocean and from the coastal bluffs through prevention, education and emergency response.
Structure & Services
The City of Solana Beach Marine Safety Department is responsible for water, beach and bluff safety for the public use of the city’s 1.7 miles of coastline.
The Department operates with five full-time employees, complimented with 55 seasonal employees. The Department primarily prevents and responds to waterborne emergencies in the City of Solana Beach 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year. We also conduct animal rescues, dive rescues and recovery, cliff rescues, and provide emergency medical assistance as needed.
Dog Regulations for City Beaches
- Dogs are allowed on-leash year round North of the Tide Park Beach (Tabletops) stairway access (located at the intersection of Pacific Avenue and Solana Vista Drive) to Cardiff State Beach and South of the Del Mar Shores Beach (Rock Pile) stairway access (located at 180 Del Mar Shores Terrace) to Del Mar.
- Dogs will not be permitted on the beach or access at Fletcher Cove or Seascape Surf at any time of day year round.
- Dogs must be on a maximum of 6-foot leash at all times.
- Owners must pick up after their dogs at all times.
- Strict fines up to $1,000 and dog owners must know the rules prior to heading down to the beach.
Find out more about our beaches
Junior Lifeguard Program
The Solana Beach Junior Lifeguard Program has a long history of serving our community by providing youth, ages 7-16, with an ocean safety program that combines athletics, ocean-related curriculum, and fun. Find out more about our Junior Lifeguard Training Programs.
For all emergencies 911
General Information (858) 259-3901
Junior Lifeguard Program (858) 259-3903
Surf & Weather Information (858) 720-4441